Solaris 7

Post by Sergio DA SILV » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
> i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
> The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
> My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that (i
> can't execute init).

> TM

Hi.

Have u tried to type all new command path ?
Or setting rigth all your environnement for your new mistaken path to correct
it ?

Regards,

--
Sergio DA SILVA

Solaris 7

Post by moo-co » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

link /ext to /usr?

boot -s from the OK prompt  for single user mode..... Do the 222R have CD
drives? If so boot from the CD and then mount the root file system under
(say /mnt).

> > Hi,
> > I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is
that
> > i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> > find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
> > The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
> > My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that
(i
> > can't execute init).

> > TM

> Hi.

> Have u tried to type all new command path ?
> Or setting rigth all your environnement for your new mistaken path to
correct
> it ?

> Regards,

> --
> Sergio DA SILVA

Solaris 7

Post by Igor Sobrado Delgad » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
> i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?

The problem, as you noted, is that you have lost access to the ld.so.1
library used by these commands. The commands you are trying to use are
dinamically linked against that library --- you have statically linked
versions of these commands in /usr/sbin/static (in Solaris 2.6 you have
at least cp, ln, mv, rcp and tar).

Try to use these commands to recover /usr, for example:

  /usr/sbin/static/mv /ext /usr

should work for you... to lost /usr/lib and to change root shells
are really common mistakes. You will find more detailed information
about these matters looking for more information by using dejanews.
Do not hesitate contacting me by e-mail if you have more questions.

Hope this helps,
Igor.

--

Solaris 7

Post by John Ekin » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
> i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
> The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
> My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that (i
> can't execute init).

> TM

Hmmm, can you use the commands in /usr/sbin/static ?
There's a copy of mv, cp and other stuff if I remember correctly.

John.

Solaris 7

Post by Tomasz Massou » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:00:38

Hi,
I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that (i
can't execute init).

TM

Solaris 7

Post by Tor Slettne » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

    Igor>   /usr/sbin/static/mv /ext /usr

Ahem..

        /ext/sbin/static/mv /ext /usr

-tor

Solaris 7

Post by Anders Gulden Olsta » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
> i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
> The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
> My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that (i
> can't execute init).

Try boot off the Solaris7 CD.

 ok boot cdrom -sw

Mount /

 # mount /dev/dsk/c0t#d0s0 /a

--
Sing While You May!

Solaris 7

Post by willi.. » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:35:36

Looks like you have to boot from cdrom from the PROM

OK boot cdrom -s

Once bootup from the cdrom, mount the dsk that you've moved and move back the
directory.

Quote:> Hi,
> I have made a "big" mistake and i made "mv /usr /ext/" . The result is that
> i can't execute any comand (cp, mv , telnet..) because  the system don't
> find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. Can someone help?
> The server is 220r Sun, Solaris 7. I don't have a boot diskate.
> My idea is to boot in single user mode but i don't find how to do that (i
> can't execute init).

> TM

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/