Booting in verbose mode

Post by Paul Suchom » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Greetings All,

        I have several machines running Solaris 2.3 that were set up
        by a former admin, to boot in verbose mode and I want to turn
        it off.

        If you don't understand, what I mean, is that when the machine
        goes though the various rc startup files, that the commands that
        are being executed are echo'd to the screen. This would be the
        equivalent of doing an 'sh -x' to run a script.

        If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Paul Suchomel