Solaris x86 download source?

Post by iwok » Wed, 15 May 2002 21:30:12

Hello Guys

It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
for the solaris8 x86 version.
Is there any other source were I can download the latest
or also older versions of the iso images?

Thanks for your help
iwok

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Thu, 16 May 2002 00:24:08

|It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
|for the solaris8 x86 version.

It's not as annoying as having to answer this question twice a day
because people can't be bothered to read the newsgroup before posting to
it.

|Is there any other source were I can download the latest
|or also older versions of the iso images?

Not legally.

Post by Benn » Thu, 16 May 2002 00:48:56

> Hello Guys

> It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
> for the solaris8 x86 version.
> Is there any other source were I can download the latest
> or also older versions of the iso images?

Let me know where you got it !

--
Disclaimer:
My opinions are not to be confused with those of my employer, Sun

Post by David Michael » Thu, 16 May 2002 03:44:57

> > Hello Guys

> > It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
> > for the solaris8 x86 version.

No it's not- It's way better this way keeps out the riffraff

Quote:> > Is there any other source were I can download the latest
> > or also older versions of the iso images?

> Let me know where you got it !

You can order it from Sun. duh... You did just post this thread to be a
nuisance ?

Actually I do admire anyone that want's to run, try, experiment, learn
Solaris no matter how they get it... Shows good taste. Luckly the
licenseing cost is not the same load of *Microsoft tries to push

good luck
please excuse my spelling
dm

Solaris x86 download source?

Post by Dragan Cvetkovi » Thu, 16 May 2002 04:04:54

[snip]

Quote:> > Let me know where you got it !

> You can order it from Sun. duh... You did just post this thread to be a
> nuisance ?

You do realise that Benny works for Sun, don't you? Look at his signature:

Quote:> Disclaimer:
> My opinions are not to be confused with those of my employer, Sun
> Microsystems.
> As in "a cat is not to be confused with a pack of lions". Purrrrrrrrrr.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer

Post by Benn » Thu, 16 May 2002 04:35:16

> [snip]

> > > Let me know where you got it !

> > You can order it from Sun. duh... You did just post this thread to be a
> > nuisance ?

> You do realise that Benny works for Sun, don't you? Look at his signature:

;-)

I heard somwhere all thieves are dumb ...

Post by Shao W » Thu, 16 May 2002 09:33:17

> > [snip]

> > > You can order it from Sun. duh... You did just post this thread to be a
> > > nuisance ?

> > You do realise that Benny works for Sun, don't you? Look at his signature:

> ;-)

> I heard somwhere all thieves are dumb ...

At least the guy try to learn Solaris.  Give him some credits. ;-)

Shao

Post by Shao W » Thu, 16 May 2002 09:37:39

> Hello Guys

> It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
> for the solaris8 x86 version.
> Is there any other source were I can download the latest
> or also older versions of the iso images?

> Thanks for your help

It is easy. Go to http://www.ebay.com, get yourself a used
Sun Ultra whatever.  And go to http://www.sun.com
and dowload the ISO CD images.

You buy yourself a machine, and Solaris is FREE
download!  And it's from SUN!   You gotta do that
fast before Sun changes its mind.

Shao

Post by hburd » Thu, 16 May 2002 17:19:13

>>Hello Guys

>>It is realy a pain that sun don't offers the download
>>for the solaris8 x86 version.
>>Is there any other source were I can download the latest
>>or also older versions of the iso images?

>>Thanks for your help

> It is easy. Go to http://www.ebay.com, get yourself a used
> Sun Ultra whatever.  And go to http://www.sun.com
> and dowload the ISO CD images.

> You buy yourself a machine, and Solaris is FREE
> download!  And it's from SUN!   You gotta do that
> fast before Sun changes its mind.

> Shao

hi:

It"s easy _if_ performance doesn't matter. You don't get near any recent
intel/amd system with this aproach (or pay  $$$$k for a blade?000)  !

hb

1. Solaris 8 X patches (was: New Solaris/x86 driver download page)

|It's too bad, though, that there dont seem to be any solaris 8
|X server patches.

There are a couple, but since they're listed as "X11 6.4.1" instead of
"OpenWindows" like Xsun patches in previous releases, the patch reports
& recommended/security patch lists haven't picked them up yet.

The current X server patches for S8 are:
      sparc       x86
    108652-09  108653-09    X11 6.4.1: Xsun patch
    108897-01  108898-01    X11 6.4.1: Xprint patch (libXp man pages)
       n/a     109401-01    X11 6.4.1_x86: Updated X Server video support

2. NATd and ipfw problems

3. Solaris source code on Solaris X86

4. unable to compile gtk1.2.7 port

5. Where I can download GOOD (not broken) install image of Solaris 8 (x86)?

6. Diamond Stealth II 220 & Linux 5.2

7. KOffice-1.1.1 packages for Solaris-8 x86 available for download

8. loop devices from NFS broken in 2.5

9. It's back.... (Solaris/x86 downloads)

10. Why Doesn't Sun Make it Easier to Download and Install Solaris X86?