1. HCON API/API programming ...
Hello communication programmers,
I wonder if anybody out there has succeeded creating and using a
connection to a VM/CMS through the g23_ library, using the MODE_API_T.
I made it work using the g32_get_data function, but I'd much rather use
the message interface, that is the g32_read() and g32_write() interface.
To make this short, I'd like some info on the following points:
1. On the AIX side:
a. I need to g32_open() the connection. What exactly should the
`flag' arg. be in order to use MODE_API_T.
b. When using the g32_alloc, need I do anything else besides seting
c. How do I know asynchronously when there are pending messages from
the VM? Is poll() or select() the only way, or can I get some
signal from somewhere?
d. What's the format of the message one receives when setting the
2. On the VM/CMS side (I'm a total nullity at this :-):
a. The application I'm working with is written in PL/1 or Rex.
Need it use any special I/O stuff so that I receive it as messag
Can I just g32_read() whatever Rex say()'s?
Thanks guys. I realy feel that the MODE_API_T is a much more sensible
(at least much more UNIX-like 8-) way of chatting w/ an IBM host, but just
can't make it work.
In case there's an answer to my prayers, pls. send it to
2. Freebsd/Sendmail header line too long error
3. Emacs spell check - where's ispell?
4. firewall on aix
5. How can I check spelling in Russian documents(using ispell)?
6. Detecting logins
7. Checking an applications use of API's
8. Bug in lprm!!! Printqueue remove prob.
9. The Parallel port API- I need to write a device driver...!
10. bttv 0.5.22 api documentation needed
11. Need info on Apache API(related to mutex,event,semaphore) calls.
12. API NEEDED! - Extracting version numbers from Linux programs
13. Help needed on Sun high availability API