Problem compiling inn 1.7.2 news server

Post by Huzefa Mohamedal » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I recently acquired inn news server software from isc but I am having
some problems compiling the source code. I am writing this in the hope
that one of you out there will be able to show me the light.  I am using
a Sparc 5 - solaris 2.6.
Below is an explanation of what the problem is :

I tried compiling as directed by the Install.txt file that came with the
source code and got the following error:

# make world
cd config ; make  subst quiet ; cd ..
`subst' is up to date.
chmod u+w `grep -v '^;' <files.list`
./subst  -f config.data `grep -v '^;' <files.list`
Fixing interpreter paths.
perl fixinterps.pl -v -d ../samples inncheck innlog.pl pgpverify
scanspool innmail
inncheck: no change
innlog.pl: no change
pgpverify: no change
scanspool: no change
innmail: no change
cd lib ; make  lint ; cd ..
gcc -I../include -DSUNOS5 -DPOLL_BUG -g
-I/opt/LWperl5/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/CORE  -c  getfqdn.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/turnstile.h:12,
                 from /usr/include/sys/t_lock.h:20,
                 from /usr/include/sys/vnode.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:21,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
                 from getfqdn.c:8:
/opt/GCC2721/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.7.2.1/include/sys/param.h:185:
warning: `NBBY' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:45: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
                 from getfqdn.c:8:
/usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `getfqdn.o'
Current working directory /tmp/inn-1.7.2/lib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `world'

And the following is the /usr/include/sys/model.h file

/*
 *      Copyright (c) 1996 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
 *      All rights reserved.
 */

#ifndef _SYS_MODEL_H
#define _SYS_MODEL_H

#ifdef  __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

/*
 *      These bits are used in various places to specify the data model
 *      of the originator (and/or consumer) of data items.  See
<sys/conf.h>
 *      <sys/file.h>, <sys/stream.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>.
 */
#define DATAMODEL_MASK  0x0FF00000

#define DATAMODEL_ILP32 0x00100000
#define DATAMODEL_LP64  0x00200000

#define DATAMODEL_NONE  0

#if     defined(_LP64)
#define DATAMODEL_NATIVE        DATAMODEL_LP64
#elif   defined(_ILP32)
#define DATAMODEL_NATIVE        DATAMODEL_ILP32
#else
#error  "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
#endif  /* _LP64 || _ILP32 */

#ifdef  __cplusplus

Quote:}

#endif

#endif  /* _SYS_MODEL_H */

I am not a guru in neither C  so I have no idea what the problem is
especially if the problem arises from an include  file that comes with
the OS installation software. If there's anybody out there who has
experienced the same problems or knows what I am not doing right please
help me.

Thank you in advance.

--
Its Not Where You Start, But Where You Finish That Counts!!!

Mohamedali

Problem compiling inn 1.7.2 news server

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>/usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
>*** Error code 1

You need to reinstall your gcc compiler; you have one that was compiled
on a older release than Solaris 2.6.

(And upgrade to gcc 2.8.1; it will survive OS upgrades much better)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

Hi

I've been trying to set up a news server on my Linux system and have
tried with both C News and INN.  The problem I'm having is that I want
to set up a daemon-based system that will only be used for posting
articles to USENET.  I will not be requiring the server to collect new
articles.

As far as I can see, the CNews and INN systems only have documentation
on setting it up with Demon Internet.  I'm not so stupid that I can't
modify the config for my own system, but I'm having a helluva time
trying to do this.  I've read the HOW-TO docs, the files on the CD in
the slack-docs directory and gone through as many different combinations
of configurations as I can and I'm still lost.

Would any really kind/nice/guru type persons out there who can give me
the location(s) of other documentation/news servers/large steel axes
please reply to this message?  This is really urgent so a quick reply
would be great.

If you require any more info, please e-mail me at

Thanks

Jack

2. System crash w. kernel 1.3.41 and Slack 2.3

3. INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

4. JDK install: Unpack source ?

5. IMPORTANT: Security problem with ucbmail when used with INN news server

6. kshSchedule - CGI software available for download

7. INN news server/mail/dns problems connected?

8. The Device Driver Tutorial Saga

9. IMPORTANT: (updated) Security problem with ucbmail when used with INN news server

10. A problem with INN news server

11. INN news server/mail/dns problems connected?

12. Problem with inn-2.2 as news server on AIX 4.1.4

13. INN news server Problem