Need help making port bidirectional on Sparc 10/30-Solaris 2.3

Need help making port bidirectional on Sparc 10/30-Solaris 2.3

Post by g.. » Sun, 17 Jul 1994 23:25:16

We have been struggling trying to make a port bidirectional for a
Practical Peripherals 9600 baud modem as well as one for a lan
connection.  We have a SUN Sparc 10/30 running Solaris 2.3.
We have discovered that we cannot use the
Serial Port Manager for this (when configured via the manager, ports
come up busy when we try to tip out) but rather must use the
older programs (one of the *adm programs; I am not involved
directly in this task).  We have been back and forth with
SUN about how to do this; it does not seem straightforward
to say the least.  This week we installed a brand new patch having
to do with bidirectionality but things are still not working.
Has someone done this successfully?

Thanks.
Steve Piper
Scripps Inst. of Oceanography