purchase of solaris x86

Post by Mark Mo » Thu, 12 May 1994 11:55:27

Solaris x86 (os only! - no tools) in Perth, Western Australia is $1,800 Aust.
Does anyone know where I can get a copy for a reasonable price?

purchase of solaris x86

Post by United States Information Cor » Fri, 13 May 1994 03:04:44

Can't you contact a SunSoft representative in your area??... I just
purchased Solaris x86 v2.1 for $695 complete w/ NFS/NIS, TCP/IP,
X-Windows (if only it would work on my VGA card) plus it is pretty
much compatible w/ most software PD software... The only thing it does
lack is a compiler/dev system.

Phil

1. Purchasing a Solaris x86 system

Hi everyone,

        I am getting ready to buy a PC (probably a 486) so I can run
some Windows applications. I also want this PC to be able to flexboot to
Solaris 2.4. Can someone send me a copy of the compatibility sheet for
Solaris 2.4 on x86 platforms? How much is a stand-alone copy of Solaris
2.4 worth these days? If I buy a stand-alone, do I also get all the
network related software ?

        Thanks for the help.

        Themos

2. 2.5.48/BK current compile failure

3. Where to purchase Solaris x86

4. Tuning Linux for high-speed disk subsystems

5. Evaluation pointers: x86-Solaris vs x86-NT vs SPARC-Solaris

6. SCSI compatibility and local bus

7. Solaris x86 or not to Solaris x86?

8. 'nobody' running find

9. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

10. Solaris x86 should use HLT instruction / was: Re: solaris x86 7 as guest?

11. Purchasing a SUN Sparc to learn Solaris

12. Where to purchase Solaris for Intel in Australia?

13. Where to purchase HP,Sun Solaris and AIX machines