aspppd

Post by California Ma » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I saw this thing called aspppd.  I assume its a ppp daemon
for Solaris.  Im runnin 2.5.1.  Anyone know a web page where
it explains how to setup a ppp connection using the built
in solaris PPP stuff?

Thanks

http://www.rahul.net/jeep

aspppd

Post by Richard Skelto » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> I saw this thing called aspppd.  I assume its a ppp daemon
> for Solaris.  Im runnin 2.5.1.  Anyone know a web page where
> it explains how to setup a ppp connection using the built
> in solaris PPP stuff?

> Thanks

> --
> http://www.rahul.net/jeep

Hi California Man,
Try:-

http://www.firstalt.co.uk/drive/suntodemon.html
http://www.info2000.net/~aziz/solaris/ppp.html
http://www.acn.purdue.edu:80/dp/
http://www.techsmith.com/Products/4APPPCln/index.htm
--
Cheers
Richard.

                         WWW    : http://www.brake.demon.co.uk/

aspppd

Post by Celeste Stoke » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I saw this thing called aspppd.  I assume its a ppp daemon
>for Solaris.  Im runnin 2.5.1.  Anyone know a web page where
>it explains how to setup a ppp connection using the built
>in solaris PPP stuff?

All the Solaris PPP FAQs and links to other, public-domain
PPP implementations can be found at:
http://www.veryComputer.com/

..Celeste Stokely, Unix SysAdm, CFO & Web*
  Stokely Consulting, 211 Thompson Square, Mountain View CA 94043

  http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Home of Unix Serial Port & Sysadm Resources

aspppd

Post by Core » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Go to www.stokely.com.  All you need to know is there.  Or if you have a
Sun service contract, go to www.sunsolve.sun.com.

> I saw this thing called aspppd.  I assume its a ppp daemon
> for Solaris.  Im runnin 2.5.1.  Anyone know a web page where
> it explains how to setup a ppp connection using the built
> in solaris PPP stuff?

> Thanks

> --
> http://www.rahul.net/jeep

1. aspppd Win95 Client woes...

All,

I have a Ultra 450 running 2.6 and am attempting to get aspppd working with
Windows 95 clients.  When calling in, modems connect and I get a login to
which I respond with my configured ppp login.
During PPP negotiation, I receive the following alter dialog on the Windows
95 client.  "Error 720: Dial-up networking could not negotiate a compatible
set of network protocols you specified in server type settings..."

My server types tab has PPP as the type of dial up server, Enable software
compression checked and only TCP/IP protocol selected.

Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Weiss

2. Automatic Placement of xbiff window?

3. aspppd and Motorola BitSurfer

4. zip drive driver

5. Mysterious PPP-aspppd-cu-modem Problem

6. Web Based E-mail Sorting System Required

7. aspppd and dynamic ppp under Solaris 2.4?

8. Strange 'zombie' problem

9. PPP with aspppd over a pty

10. aspppd and hangup detection

11. ASPPPD/UUCP through tcp-based shared modems?

12. Solaris aspppd bug?

13. aspppd Error 22?