ways to setup network printer question

Post by y_jim542.. » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:26:03

Hi,

In sparc solaris what are ways to setup network printer?.
when to use lpadmin and when to use admintool,..??
Jim

--
Sent by   from  yahoo in  field com

Post by Logan Sh » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:40:29

>In sparc solaris what are ways to setup network printer?.

Use "lpadmin".  Documentation is available on http://docs.sun.com/ ,
and it's in system administrator's guide (I think volume II).

Quote:>when to use lpadmin

Always.

Quote:>and when to use admintool,..??

Never.

In my opinion, at least.

  - Logan
--
"In order to be prepared to hope in what does not deceive,
 we must first lose hope in everything that deceives."

                                          Georges Bernanos

Post by Greg Andre » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:05:30

>In sparc solaris what are ways to setup network printer?.
>when to use lpadmin and when to use admintool,..??

Never use admintool for printer setup.  It's been obsolete for
quite a while now.

The best lpadmin configuration depends on your printer and its
network interface (built-in network card?  external print server
box?)

  -Greg
--

I have a map of the United States that's actual size
                 -- Steven Wright

1. Network printer setup for Lexmark

I've read several messages which refer to using FTP within the printer
interface script to make these printers work. I can ftp directly to the
printer (setup in /etc/hosts file) and send a file, and the printer
prints it. I need to know how I go about making the necessary changes to
my interface script to make this work. I've tried a couple things but
with no success.

I'm running OpenServer 5.0.5
Lexmark Optra S 1625 N (100B/t ethernet)

Thanks

Everett Southwick

2. samba login problems

3. Networked Printer Setup

4. Linux for Windows.

5. Network HP printer setup help!!

6. client printing

7. How to setup a network printer?

8. Macromedia Shcokwave Setup on Linux

9. network printer setup

10. Network Printer Setup

11. How to setup and configue a network printer?

12. HELP WITH NETWORK PRINTER SETUP

13. Network Printer setup for Netscape