need improved TIP

Post by Sammy » Sat, 11 Sep 1993 07:14:53

I need a replacement for tip.  My problems include:
        tip doesn't understand all of the high-speed modems I have
        tip times out before my high-speed modem gets synced
        tip doesn't understand [xyz]modem file transfers
        tip doesn't have a scripting language
Existing versions that I have found (using archie) are all two or
more years old, from when SLIP support was new.

1. Need a tip for tip

I am connectiong two SPARC20 (Solaris 8) through null modem cable, local
host using port B, remote host using port A, when I type:    tip hardwire
I got "Connected", but nothing else happens afterward, what should I do to
get prompt so I can login?

Thanks a lot.

2. NTOP ?

3. Top tip for improving the popularity of Linux

4. Openwin is missing lib/cpp

5. Tips to improve security?

6. FUD 101 v1.0

7. Tips for tip

8. network o/s update

9. TIPS FOR HEALTHY AND BEAUTY TIPS

10. Tip -no not tips and tricks!

11. Newbie's ideas on where Linux needs improving

12. porting from SysVr3 to SysVr4 - hints and tips needed

13. Need Help With "tip"