Performance Technologies Ultra Wide SCSI (ultra 2 SBUS) controller question

Performance Technologies Ultra Wide SCSI (ultra 2 SBUS) controller question

Post by Justi » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:10:13

All,

I just bought  the PTI SB-450UW SCSI controller for my Ultra 2.  It's
supposed to be the only Ultra SCSI controller out there for the SBUS
platform and do 40 MB/s.  My question is, does anybody have this card
and can I run it with Solaris 8?  The site I downloaded the drivers from
says the driver supports 2.6 but I wanna see if anybodies using this
card with 2.8

Thanks,
Justin

Post by Greg Menk » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:26:09

> All,

> I just bought  the PTI SB-450UW SCSI controller for my Ultra 2.  It's
> supposed to be the only Ultra SCSI controller out there for the SBUS
> platform and do 40 MB/s.  My question is, does anybody have this card
> and can I run it with Solaris 8?  The site I downloaded the drivers
> from says the driver supports 2.6 but I wanna see if anybodies using
> this card with 2.8

Not a direct answer as I'm using Solaris 9, but I have one driving my
multipack using the "performance mode" of the board- not the sun
emulation mode.  Works fine.

Gregm

Post by Justi » Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:59:08

All,

I just bought  the PTI SB-450UW SCSI controller for my Ultra 2.  It's
supposed to be the only Ultra SCSI controller out there for the SBUS
platform and do 40 MB/s.  My question is, does anybody have this card
and can I run it with Solaris 8?  The site I downloaded the drivers from
says the driver supports 2.6 but I wanna see if anybodies using this
card with 2.8

Thanks,
Justin

Performance Technologies Ultra Wide SCSI (ultra 2 SBUS) controller question

Post by Justi » Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:34:00

I haven't gotten the card yet, but what is the difference with the
"performance mode" and the sun emulation mode?  Also are you able to
achieve Ultra SCSI performance?

>>All,

>>I just bought  the PTI SB-450UW SCSI controller for my Ultra 2.  It's
>>supposed to be the only Ultra SCSI controller out there for the SBUS
>>platform and do 40 MB/s.  My question is, does anybody have this card
>>and can I run it with Solaris 8?  The site I downloaded the drivers
>>from says the driver supports 2.6 but I wanna see if anybodies using
>>this card with 2.8

> Not a direct answer as I'm using Solaris 9, but I have one driving my
> multipack using the "performance mode" of the board- not the sun
> emulation mode.  Works fine.

> Gregm

1. which linux SCSI driver to use for Compaq DUAL Wide Ultra SCSI-3 controller

Hi.
We consider buying  a COMPAQ proliant 1600 with RAID-5 hardware
capability.
Which (if supportede by Linux) linux SCSI driver is to be use for Compaq
DUAL Wide Ultra SCSI-3 control.

I would greatly appreciate a quick answer
Thanks in advance

--
S?ren V. Carlsen (Teknisk ansvarlig for den elektroniske
pligtaflevering)

Hjemme-adresse (Home):
============
S?ren V. Carlsen
Rosen?rnsvej 39, st. th
DK-5230 Odense M
Tlf: 66 12 94 78

2. POP3 mailboxes

3. Ultra-Wide SCSI on fast/wide SCSI 2 adapter

4. installing win98,win2000&linux 7.1

5. Ultra Wide SCSI and Ultra IDE

6. Q: makefile: pb substitutions

7. Ultra Wide SCSI Controller

8. Intel 14.4 ext/int modem

9. Adaptec AHA2940 Ultra Wide SCSI controller problems

10. Ultra Wide Scsi - which controller?

11. Adaptec AHA-7880P Ultra Wide SCSI Controller

12. Adaptec Ultra Wide SCSI Controller

13. drivers for compaq wide ultra scsi controller