OpenWin Filemgr: 'cannot open file: too many files open' ?

OpenWin Filemgr: 'cannot open file: too many files open' ?

Post by Hugo Frappie » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 04:00:00

Here's a strange problem with the FileManager in Solaris 2.3.  The
only way to fix it right now is to restart the file manager over.

 When double-clicking on a text file, file manager is set-up to
 start textedit on that file.  I quit textedit.  I double-click
 on a text file again.  And I quit again textedit.  I can do that
 approximately 54 times.  After that, you can't open any file or
 change directory within FileManager.

Does anybody know if this is a configuration problem or a bug ?
And if it's a bug, is there any patch for it ?

Thanks

Hugo Frappier
Montreal

1. LinuxPPC 1999 - package installer fails 'cannot open file ...'

Hi there
I'm new to linux and had some trys to install LinuxPPC 1999 on a ext. SCSI
jaz. I think formatting and partitioning the jaz was ok. Starting up Linux
from BootX on my MacOS was no problem while the CD-ROM was in the drive. X
starts up and the package installer comes up. I have the jaz disk
available for choosing swap, root ... so there couln't be any problem.

With 'output' window open, choosing the packages (standard) and hit
installation, I see the errors in the output window 'cannot open file
...'. I've seen that somewhere in the error path is a double slash // like
software//packages/xy.ppc.rpm

Has anybody the same exprerience or for my luck any helping tips?

Thank you
Christian

--
Christian

2. NIC x86

3. Can't open a broadcast socket because there are too many open files?

4. RH 6.0 and Stealth II G460 (AGP)

5. Can't open include file 'sys/select.h'.

6. Script grows in size

7. sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': No such device

8. Setup linux box as printing server for Mac OS X machine

9. Apache mod_auth_dbm err:'can't open dbm file'

10. Can't 'Open With...' HTML Konq file manager using Opera 6 beta 1

11. toe -> 'toe: couldn't open terminfo file xterm.'

12. cron and wall, error: 'wall: can't open temporary file'

13. cannot open /dev/mem: too many open files??