1. Missing Harddrive
Hi. I'm trying to do a clean install of 4.1-RELEASE on an Athlon with
a Tekram DC390U2W adapter (NCR53c895) and the following devices:
0,0 9G IBM LVD (255H, 1115C, 63S)
0,1 18G IBM LVD (255H, 2212C, 63S)
0,2 9G Seagate LVD (255H, 1106C, 63S)
0,3 Archive 4G DDS2 4mm tape drive
0,4 Iomega 100mb ZIP
0,5 Plextor 32X CD-ROM
0,6 TEAC R55C CD-R
No IDE devices, and the controller is turned off in BIOS. I do already
have v4.1-REL installed on the first drive, so the SCSI adapter is fine.
The problem is that I'd like to install to the 18G drive, and neither the
install program nor the installed system see it at all.
/dev/da0 is the 9G IBM
/dev/da1 is the 9G Seagate
/dev/da2 is the ZIP drive
The "missing" drive is fine in Linux, NT 4, and Be, as configured. The
Tekram BIOS is set to boot from ID 0, no weird settings. As all three HDD
are configured with >1023 cylinders, that doesn't appear to be the problem,
and I understand that 18G is way under the 4.1 drive-size limit.
Please, no "unplug this & move that" suggestions. If need be, I can juggle
filesystems to get the room I want for FBSD on /dev/da0. I'm just REALLY
2. FAQ: Terminal on PC Serial ports
3. Linux can't find my pci video card duriing auto probing.
4. Sed / Awk / Tr questions
5. mount a harddrive onto a diffrent harddrive
6. Calling FORTRAN from C
7. RH5.1 install - cannot detect harddrive
8. HELP! 4mm tar problems!
9. Installing Linux with IDE cdrom & large harddrive
10. Helix-Gnome harddrive install problems
11. No harddrive detected when installing Suse 7.0 - advice asked.
12. Installing RH 5.2 on a second harddrive.
13. newbie --redhat 5.2 harddrive install