arpwatch help needed

Post by Angry Garden Sal » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:26:19

HI,
   I have a solaris network running solaris 2.8 and I installed
arpwatch on my servers.  my problems is my dhcp w2k clients are also
on the same subnet so I keep getting emails about their changed
ethernet address.  is there a way to exclude an ip range with
arpwatch?  thanks in advance...

1. help! arpwatch flip flop

i'm trying to set up a linux box on a primarily winnt network.
everything was running fine but then i suddenly lost my network
connectivity. i could ping every machine on our internal network except
for our internet gateway (which happens to be running rh-6.0) and,
obviously, any machine on the other side of the gateway.

so i turned on arpwatch on my machine and observed the following
curious spew (let me prefix the spew - the gateway has exactly two 3Com
cards in it - I don't know the details because I don't have access):

Subject: flip flop

            hostname: <unknown>
          ip address: 10.0.0.1
    ethernet address: 0:60:8c:c9:c:73
     ethernet vendor: 3Com (1990 onwards)
old ethernet address: 0:40:c7:29:ee:d2
 old ethernet vendor: Danpex Corporation
               delta: 52 seconds

            hostname: <unknown>
          ip address: 10.0.0.1
    ethernet address: 0:40:c7:29:ee:d2
     ethernet vendor: Danpex Corporation
old ethernet address: 0:60:8c:c9:c:73
 old ethernet vendor: 3Com (1990 onwards)
               delta: 0 seconds

this flip flop has filled my mbox with 100's of messages just like the
above (the only thing that changes is the delta which seems to be
fairly random). the most curious bit about the above messages is that
there is no Danpex Corporation nic card in the box, afaik.

someone please help. thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Need for binary hpnpout.c -> hpnpout (SCOV3.2)

3. help with arpwatch

4. Tape Management and Processing

5. temporarily blocking an IP: dhcp users & arpwatch

6. Modem Problems....

7. Arpwatch: how to interpret data?

8. Linux and PReP

9. arpwatch -> reboot