openSSL and apache on intel solaris8

Post by qc.. » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi
    Has anyone successfully compiled apache1.3.9 with openSSL patched
in? I could compile apache with its own clean source tree with gcc2.9.5.
But after openSSL patch, the configure script told me the c compiler is
no ANSI compatible.
Thanks for your info.

Post by Chuck Dougla » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> hi
>     Has anyone successfully compiled apache1.3.9 with openSSL patched
> in? I could compile apache with its own clean source tree with gcc2.9.5.
> But after openSSL patch, the configure script told me the c compiler is
> no ANSI compatible.
> Thanks for your info.

This one had me pulling my hair out for hours.  You need to read the
README files very carefully.  You also need to have GNU patch installed
because it the version that came with Solaris (at least Solaris 7 and
before.  I don't know about Solaris 8) isn't acceptable to the patch.

Quote:>From vague memory:

tar xf apache1.3.9
cd apache-1.3.9
tar xf ../openssl.0.95
applypatch
configure

My path names and file names are all screwed up, I am sure.  You need
to follow the README file exactly.  You do ONE of a) applypatch (or whatever
the file is called to do it automagically) or b) patch -p1 < patchfile (or
whatever. )  The first choice is the easiest.

That *should* work.  Maybe.  I am pretty sure that is what fixed it for
me.  I needed GNU patch to be able to get it to work.

--

     "I don't pretend I have all the answers/Just the obvious ones"
                    --_Backbone_ by Baby Animals

openSSL and apache on intel solaris8

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>This one had me pulling my hair out for hours.  You need to read the
>README files very carefully.  You also need to have GNU patch installed
>because it the version that came with Solaris (at least Solaris 7 and
>before.  I don't know about Solaris 8) isn't acceptable to the patch.

The "patch" program on Solaris 8 is still the old version, but GNU patch
is also provided as /usr/bin/gpatch.

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/