Solaris 2.5: How to permanently change man path?

Solaris 2.5: How to permanently change man path?

Post by Mark Pa » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I've looked but can't find the file required to permanently change the
man path on a sparc running Solaris 2.5. I've installed a bunch of new
software and want to include /usr/local/man in the man path.

Can someone please tell me what file to edit for system wide changes?

--
Mark Page
Zurich, Switzerland

Post by w.. » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>I've looked but can't find the file required to permanently change the
>man path on a sparc running Solaris 2.5. I've installed a bunch of new
>software and want to include /usr/local/man in the man path.

>Can someone please tell me what file to edit for system wide changes?

There isn't one.

The closest you can come is /etc/.login for csh users and /etc/profile
for sh users.  Add a command to those files which sets MANPATH:

/etc/.login:
        setenv MANPATH /usr/local/man:/usr/man

/etc/profile:
        MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/man
        export MANPATH

--
                                William LeFebvre
                                Group sys Consulting

                                +1 770 813 3224

1. How to change PATH permanently?

I have tried playing with "env" and "export," but any change I make to my PATH
goes away at reboot.
How may I make *premanent* changes to the PATH?

And while you're at it, Oh kind and benevolent gurus, does anyone know why my
PATH contains a "/usr/andrew/bin" directory?

Michael

2. My mistake

3. Changing login graphic (was Re: Changing the login banner on Solaris 2.5

4. Connection reset by peer... HELP!?

5. Man pages on Solaris 2.5

6. Help required to a linux idiot

7. Solaris 2.5 and root path

8. Sound Capture and Modification Program?

9. csh not checking path in Solaris 2.5

10. How to reformat man pages for Solaris 2.5 ?

11. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

12. How do I permanently change an IP on solaris 7???