HELP:limit on Resource

Post by Seunghwan, Le » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I want to extend number of file open on solaris so I set it 1024 by
setrlimit function , but I still have open error when file open number
exceeds 253.  How can I extend it per process?

HELP:limit on Resource

Post by Seunghwan, Le » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I want to extend number of socket file open on solairs, currently maximum
is 256
How to extend it per process?

> I want to extend number of file open on solaris so I set it 1024 by
> setrlimit function , but I still have open error when file open number
> exceeds 253.  How can I extend it per process?

1. Q: ulimit - refuses to limit cpu time, but limits other resources.

I have a strange ulimit behaviour

I am usung ksh on Solaris 8, and I have played with this ulimit in
interactive session like this :
  ulimit -t 1
  while true
   do
    i=1
   done

This examples terminate with appopriate message and coredump

But when I am trying to set cpu limit inside script, it has no effect.

I have tryied to set filesize limit inside script, and it worked.

Why CPU time is not limltable in the script  ???

(I need solution for also for other platforms)

Regards, Lev

2. Super-newbie boot blues

3. HELP -- Resource Limits Question

4. Help recovering root password

5. Resource limit bug? HELP!

6. wmtv problem

7. pls help: resource control/limit ?

8. IOCTL flushing input buffer queues

9. SunOS 5.6 - resource limits and question about ISS patch

10. How to limit user's resource in Linux

11. Get limits of system resources

12. how to limit resources used by users?

13. Unix IPC Resource Limit