Need help with ufsrestore

Post by Daren R. Sefci » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Is it possible to restore single file using ufsrestore on a tape that was
> ufsdumped
> on a file system?
> Thanks
> Sanjay

Try "ufsrestore -ivf <device-name>"
This will give you the interactive features of ufsrestore and allow the
extraction
of single or multiple files.

PARTNERS Data Systems Inc.
WWW: http://www.partners-dsi.com
Voice: 619.278.3005   Fax: 619.278.3006

Need help with ufsrestore

Post by Kumar Srinivasa » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Yes, If I am not mistaken ufsrestore -i should do it -i puts ufrestore in an
interactive mode, then type ? for help.

> Is it possible to restore single file using ufsrestore on a tape that was
> ufsdumped
> on a file system?
> Thanks
> Sanjay

1. ufsdump/ufsrestore questions over ssh....need your help

Hello Sun Guru  !!!

This is what i use to do a ufsdump over ssh...for remote backup of one
of my box....

of=/dev/rmt/0cn

I found this on http://www.sans.org/rr/unix/solaris_backup.php

1) The ufsdump work well but i need to know the good command line for
the ufsrestore.  Here is what a try without all files succes...and very
slow...

ufsrestore if -

2) if the block size is good with 1024 ??? Do i need to use another bs
or obs ?  Like
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=9668f18.02...

3) Disaster case : is it possible to do a ufsrestore of my / on my
online box or i really need to start from the CD-ROM and do a ufsrestore
  with rmt (whith a good .rhosts) ?  If yes....how ? Any suggestions
here will be appreciated !!!

Any help or hints will be appreciated !!!

Thank's in advance !
Chamby

2. Database is dead slow.....Please help

3. Help needed with ufsrestore command

4. vi editor FAQ (Frequently Asked Question List), Part 2/2

5. ufsdump > ufsrestore ----- HELP

6. a bugs in ddi_create_minor_node ???

7. Help! Cannot extract from ufsrestore

8. Need guide

9. Help on ufsrestore

10. ufsrestore help

11. help with ufsrestore urgent

12. help with ufsrestore ?

13. ufsrestore /dev/rmt/0 9... HELP!!!!!