gtar -F fails with solaris !

Post by Markus Gruenkorn (MAG » Tue, 20 Sep 1994 18:49:41

gtar has the very nice option -F which should run a script at the end of
each tape. We need this function in order to use a dat stacker .
I compiled gtar version 1.11.2 with gcc 2.6.0 on solaris 2.3 .
When I try gtar with option -F and gtar should start a script because
I am at the end of the tape I get the message core dumped and gtar is finished.
Any suggestions ?

--
------ < MAGIC > ------

1. Solaris 10 (build 63) upgrade fails on Solaris 8 as well as Solaris 9 sparcs

Hello
         Using the Solaris 10 build 63 for sparc.

Tried to do upgrades on the following two machines.

1. E4500  Solaris 8 (117350-11 Kernel level)
    Entire Distribution OEM support cluster, OBP 3.2.30.

2. Ultra 2  Solaris 9 Entire Distribution and OEM support cluster.

On both machines the upgrade starts when I put the CD 1 and and reaches to
the point where I have to select whether I want to do "Initial Install" or
"Upgrade".

When I check upgrade it starts initializing the system and halfway through I
get the follwoing error

"Could not reinitialize the system state".

At which point I have no option but to click OK on the error and exit out of
the install process.

Has anyone seen this can anyone provide any tips or pointers.?????

Thanks
Sandeep

2. SuSE-7.0, get rid of the nfslockdsvc failure message?

3. Solaris 2.5.1 installpatch failed, return code 5, pkgadd failed

4. Linux Audio Control Source Code

5. Solaris 10 1/06 OK, but Solaris Express Build 33 and 36 fail

6. /var filesystem full msgs, 18% cap - ???

7. (Help) FTP fails in Solaris 9 but not in Solaris 2.6

8. REAL Starfighter AGP video card

9. Kernel 2.1.x fails to compile... and fails... and fails...

10. xdm fails under solaris 2 and works under solaris 1

11. where can I find gtar?

12. gtar for SunOS?

13. tar forgets part of the path and gtar doesn't?