Setting up to use FTP on Solaris

Post by Al Wilkerso » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:21:56

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the steps to setting up the ability to use FTP on a
Solaris machine.

I have a Solaris 7 sharing my Broadband High-Speed Internet connection
(DSL/Cable Router hooked up to Win98 machine and LAN), and I am online with
both, sharing the speed for Internet access and such.
I can ping from both machines to each other, but I can't FTP from my Win98
PC to the Solaris box.

Does anyone know why ?

What FTP setup I need to do on the Solaris box.

Al

Setting up to use FTP on Solaris

Post by Seeke » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:20:07

look at /etc/inetd.conf

Quote:> Hi all,

Post by Logan Sh » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:31:45

>Does anyone know how the steps to setting up the ability to use FTP on a
>Solaris machine.

It should work out of the box.  No setup at all should be necessary.

Can you describe what problem you're running into when you try to FTP?

  - Logan
--
"I'll tell you something.  Luxury disgusts me."  Giorgio Armani, Jan 17, 2002
( http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020117/re/life_fashion_armani_dc_1.... )

Setting up to use FTP on Solaris

Post by Al Wilkerso » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 14:12:57

After logging in via FTP it says "Account Expired"

--
Al