WABI 2.0 divide-by-zero Error?

Post by Alan Piszc » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

When attempting to run an install for MicroSoft Office
WABI 2.0 is displaying a Divide-By-Zero error dialog.

Has anyone ran into this problem and know a solution?
I did not find any related information on SUN WABI site.

Thanks.

1. Linux Divide by zero error when running "ps u" 1.3.77

I upgraded my server from kernel 1.2.8 to 1.3.77 to
take advantage of the IPaliasing.  Ihave run into
two problems. See if you know the answers.

I installed slakware 3.0 and upgraded the kernel to 1.3.77
inorder to get the ELF binary libraries and GCC.

Problem 1:
Whenever I run "ps u" I get a divide by zero error.
howvwer, ps with any other options works fine.

problem 2:
I created a program that makes a database with passwords in it.
Whenever I compile the old prgram with the new GCC the passwords
aren't recognized.  However, if I compile the program on a
machine with Slakware 2.3 (kernel 1.2.8) and transfer it over ,
the program works fine.  Is there differnces in how ELF and aout
organize data structures? Or is there a way to force
the GCC to compile using the A.out format instead of ELF.

thanks,
Aaron Ryan
Cybercom

2. Anyone running X on NEC Versa 4050?

3. Divide by zero error on bootup?!

4. forward mail over dial-up link?

5. New: Divide by zero (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/DEV/base_reachable_time)

6. RH5.0 PPP Setup help.

7. catching integer divide by zero in C code

8. Boot Linux by floppy

9. divide by zero exception

10. divide by zero / segmentation fault

11. sched: integer divide zero trap:

12. Divide by Zero trapping

13. Wabi Unrecoverable Error using Lotus Organizer 2.0