Switching virtual desktops in CDE Under Solaris

Switching virtual desktops in CDE Under Solaris

Post by Drizzt Do'Urd » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am currently running CDE and Solaris 2.5.  I am a traditional SunOS 4.1.x person
and have programmed and used them for years.  But, barring running Fvwm as an
alternative, how do I switch windows with a hotkey?????

For example, under Fvwm 1.x, or 2.x you could assign hotkeys like Control -Arrow Keys
to switch virtual screens.  But I can't seem to find out how to do that under CDE.
Doesn't that suck?!

Someone please help out.

Thanks

-Alan

Post by srln.. » Mon, 25 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>I am currently running CDE and Solaris 2.5.  I am a traditional SunOS 4.1.x person
>and have programmed and used them for years.  But, barring running Fvwm as an
>alternative, how do I switch windows with a hotkey?????

I have the following in the Keys DtKeyBindings {} section of my
$HOME/.dt/dtwmrc file

    <Key>F5   root|icon|window                 f.goto_workspace ws0
    <Key>F6   root|icon|window                 f.goto_workspace ws1
    <Key>F7   root|icon|window                 f.goto_workspace ws2
    <Key>F8   root|icon|window                 f.goto_workspace ws3

--
Roger Williams, Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences, New Zealand

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. installing over network

3. Shortcut to switch between desktops in CDE

4. Help with netscape

5. how do i switch from openwin desktop back to CDE?

6. HD problem

7. CDE ...Number of virtual desktops.....

8. 3310 install problem

9. Sol8 CDE virtual desktop size

10. Switching virtual terminals in Acc-X + CDE

11. Resolution switching w/o virtual desktop, how?

12. Switch Virtual Desktops?

13. Switching X resolution & virtual desktop