gcc2.95.3 + solaris8 (intel) problem

Post by Yi,Wonta » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 16:45:50

I installed gcc2.95.3 on the solaris8(intel).
and I tried to complie the simple source.
but error occourred.

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory

how can I solve the problems?

gcc2.95.3 + solaris8 (intel) problem

Post by Steven M. Christens » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:53:48

You may not have the SUNW developer packages from the Solaris CDs
installed.   If "as" is not in /usr/ccs/bin, then you don't and will
have to install them.   If "as" is in /usr/ccs/bin, then make sure
/usr/ccs/bin is in your PATH environment variable.

Steve Christensen
sunfreeware.com

Quote:> I installed gcc2.95.3 on the solaris8(intel).
> and I tried to complie the simple source.
> but error occourred.

> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory

> how can I solve the problems?

gcc2.95.3 + solaris8 (intel) problem

Post by Michael Wa » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:42:02

Quote:>You may not have the SUNW developer packages from the Solaris CDs
>installed.   If "as" is not in /usr/ccs/bin, then you don't and will
>have to install them.   If "as" is in /usr/ccs/bin, then make sure
>/usr/ccs/bin is in your PATH environment variable.

Does gcc2.95.3 does not come with "as" as it does in gcc2.95.2?

And since I am at here, some of the packages I downloaded from
www.sunfreeware.com requires to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and I
do not think this is a good thing, gcc is an example. Why is it so?
The gcc that I compiled does not requires LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Posted and emailed.

1. Wanted: Howto downgrade gcc2.96 to gcc2.95.3

Hello All,
    I have read many of the messages and complaints regarding gcc-2.96
on this group as well as all over the web, and yet I have not found an
explicit Howto document or message for either downgrading from
gcc-2.96 to gcc-2.95.3, or having both installed. Could anyone who has
done it successfully for Redhat 7.x please respond to me or this list
the exact steps you took? It would be greately appreciated, since I
have been searching for an example for hours now, and I'm running up
against a deadline.

    As far as why I need to know - I am trying to use JNI to wrap
legacy C++ code, which unfortunately contains calls to dynamic_cast<>.
I get a core dump due to this. To see an explanation of what is going
on go to:
        http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=52&thread=138362

To get sample code that bombs you can go to:
        http://www.codeguru.com/cgi-bin/bbs/wt/showpost.pl?Board=
java&Number=26338&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

    So the path of least resistance for now appears to be downgrading.
If anyone has other suggestions, I would also appreciate hearing them!

Thanks!

Not what he wishes and prays for does a man get, but what he justly
earns. His wishes and prayers are only gratified and answered when
they harmonize with his thoughts and actions. - James Allen

2. UNIX

3. Compilation problem in solaris 5.5.1 - for TclTk8.3.1/gcc2.95.3

4. Error Number 9

5. Followup : Compilation problem in solaris 5.5.1 - for TclTk8.3.1/gcc2.95.3

6. accept/async/fcntl/SETFL

7. Corrected gcc3.2 v gcc2.95.3 contest results

8. samba

9. gcc-2.95.3 release

10. Not found libgcc_s.so.1 in gcc_2.95.3?

11. gcc-2.95.3

12. gcc-2.95.3 cannot create 64-bit executable

13. gcc-2.95.3 vs gcc-3.0.4