sun cluster for x86

Post by Matteo Rossi » Fri, 31 May 2002 21:12:14

exist SunCluster (2.2 or 3.0) for x86?
and, if exist, can I find?

Matteo

sun cluster for x86

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 02:03:35

Quote:> exist SunCluster (2.2 or 3.0) for x86?

I think the answer is No.

--
Andrew Gabriel

1. Sun Cluster + QFS or Sun Cluster + Veritas

Right now I've got some 3.5 Veritas Clusters running Oracle8
that are due for an upgrade.

I'm playing around with the idea of getting rid of all of
our Veritas software and replacing it with Sun software
(since cluster is now free).

So it would be:

Solaris 10 (01/06 HW release, latest patches)
Sun Volume Manager
MPXIO
QFS
Sun Cluster 3.1

I've used Veritas for so long now & am weary of mixing it in
with Sun Cluster.  Ideally - I'd like to just go with one vendor
for my clustering.

Is MPXIO comparable to DMP?  Are people actually running Sun volume
manager under production Oracle DB's?  I've used SVM for mirroring
boot drives on web servers and app servers but never in the database
tier.

I've read that QFS can do the volume management all on it's own -
is that what people are typically using with Sun Clusters?

I'm reading the FAQs and white papers right now but would love to
hear from some people with real world experience with the stuff.

-Sanjay

2. LAN card WTF replies

3. Clustering Sun: Sun cluster or Veritas?

4. Not recognising 128 MB of Ram

5. Sun Cluster 3.0 vs Veritas Cluster Server

6. libpcap for Linux ?

7. New Whitepaper: Sun Cluster 3.0 Cluster File System

8. Unix C++ Financials Consultants

9. Veritas Cluster versus SUN Cluster

10. Best Practices "Migrating Veritas VCS Cluster to SUN Cluster"

11. VERITAS cluster server vs. SUN cluster -- Any recommendations ?

12. Veritas clustering vs SUN clustering

13. Solaris Clusters - Solstice HA 1.2, 1.3 / Sun Cluster PDB etc.