console & sun sparc server 1000

Post by Kenneth Lie » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

  two questions:

  1.) When I connected my laptop, using kermit, I can connect to all
other servers' such as ss20, ultra 1 and ultra 2, but, I just could not
connect to my Sparcserver 1000.  What may be the problem?  All the
kermit settings are correct.  could it because of anything that I miss?

  2.) behind the server, there are sets of indication leds.  the green
lights indicate CPU, what is the amber light indicating?

  So, to solve the console problem, I connect my server to a monitor &
keyboard, and it did show all the things on the screen.

  3.) Now, can I simply UNPLUG the keyboard & monitor without
interrupting the services (without reboot).

  If possible, please mail my reply.  thanks... and appreciate all