Examples of Success in Performance Diagnosis?

Examples of Success in Performance Diagnosis?

Post by Ken Mandelber » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:05

I am looking for some published examples where a Solaris diagnostic tool
has successfully diagnosed a performance problem. A good example would
be the dtrace example locating the problem in the stock ticker applet.

Other dtrace examples would be good, as well as examples from older
tools like the SE toolkit.

We are looking at some other approaches to detecting performance
problems and could use some examples to detect :)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

1. Need examples of Linux success

I am developing a report on why my school should use Linux for their new
web/file/print server. The server will have to support Mac clients and
also other clients as the school becomes multi-platform. Have any of you
system administrators successfully developed a multi-platform network
off of a Linux server? If so, please describe the experience. Thanks.
--

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

2. COMMERCIAL: InfoMagic Linux Developer's Resource April '97

3. Problem forking socket servers

4. building example in tools-2.10, success anyone ?

5. Etlinux with kernel 2.2?

6. Need semi-non-trivial example of an (MKS) ksh script [really programming-by-example]

7. NatSemi Geode out-of-order store enables

8. CFP: AAAI/KDD/UAI-2002 Workshop - Real-Time Decision Support and Diagnosis

9. hardware diagnosis tool

10. USB diagnosis

11. Samba Diagnosis test 3

12. Failed diagnosis.txt Test 5 - Please help