EIDE Tape drives for Ultra5/10?

Post by David Bar » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I've got an Ultra 10, and could put an EIDE tape in the slot at
the top, but I don't know of one to use. Anybody got any suggestions?

I'm loathe to add a SCSI card just to do backups.

        -barto

--

A Marketing type told me: Don't give me any technical reason why something
can't be done.  If you really believed in the product you'd make it work.

1. ultra5/10 ide drive size

Hi! Dunno if this question has been asked b4, but here it goes...

If there a limit as to the biggest IDE hard disk an Ultra10 with Sol9
can use? and what brandnames have worked best with Ultra5/10?

I've tried a Quantum 26gig drive, and it works ok...

Now that there R IDE drives in excess of 100gig...I was wondering...!

Thanks! =)

Georgie

2. matrox millenium sync problems?

3. How does Ultra5 EIDE drive perform?

4. two distributions on a single HD

5. AIWA Bolt 10 Gig tape backup on EIDE...Supported ???

6. GUI for Backup (tar,cpio,etc)

7. Ultra 10 & 2nd EIDE drive

8. Ultra 10 Ultra DMA EIDE Drives?

9. How to install a tape drive on a Ultra5?

10. using 14gb 8mm tape drive to write tapes for 2gb tape drive

11. How to backup Ultra 10 w/ no tape drive

12. 4mm tape drive attach to A Sun SparcStation-10