IP Address Code

Post by Midget Dig » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Do you have any code/library/etc on howa c program can get the IP
Address of the user running the code in Solaris? SunOS?

Thanks
Kevin Bongiovanni

1. emulating WAN latency for certain ip addresses - code wrong?

hi-

I'd like to use tc and netem to cause network delay, but only to
certain other machines.

I found this page which (apparently) describes how to do it:
http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Netem

I can get outgoing network delay using:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

but this adds latency to all outbound traffic.

Further down the page I linked to above, it mentions how to delay to
only one IP address and gives the following code:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:3 handle 30: netem \
     delay 200ms 10ms distribution normal
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 30:1 tbf rate 20kbit buffer 1600 limit
3000
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 3 u32 \
     match ip dst 65.172.181.4/32 flowid 10:3

However, when I've tried this, I get network delay to all ip addresses
- I can't seem to filter to just one ip address.

Does anyone know the solution?

2. Can't get to No Windows mode in VUE

3. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

4. DOSEMU/CIVILIZATION

5. WANTED: pingmac <IP ADDR> which returns <MAC ADDRESS of IP ADDRESS>

6. X font server crash with mandrake. HELP !

7. dynamic ip address - how to get to know my ip address?

8. ava-1502 ISA scsi controller

9. IP Masquerading with IP Address and Mac Address Restrictions

10. Fallback hard coded IP address when DHCP server not found.?

11. Coding for Multiple IP addresses

12. : xpppcon dev: Fetching my IP Address with C code?

13. I wanted to extract the Source IP address and Destination IP address from packets passing through bridge, Is IP address offset is fixed?