XFree86 on Sol[789] Ultra10 with 3rd party PCI card?

XFree86 on Sol[789] Ultra10 with 3rd party PCI card?

Post by t.. » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:52:44

I'd like to get a decent off the shelf PCI video card for my Ultra
10.  I've currently got an m64 which I can configure for 24bpp or
high res but not both.  Besides that, I run FreeBSD at home and like
XFree86 better than Sun's X server anyway (being able to kill a
session with ctrl-alt-backspace is really nice for instance..)

Has anyone tried building XFree86 on Solaris/Sparc and using a PCI video card
that it supports under FreeBSD?   If so, did it work?

                                Thanks
                                Ted Nolan