Solaris 7 version: 3/99 or 5/99

Post by Marco Olivier » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I have just received my Solaris 7. On the CD there is printed 3/99
and reading comp.unix.solaris I have seen that a 5/99 version
exist.
Is there any known bug in the version I have?
My plan is to upgrade from 2.5.1 and from 2.5. Does anybody
know any problem I can get doing that?

Thanks to everybody

Ciao

                Marco

Solaris 7 version: 3/99 or 5/99

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have just received my Solaris 7. On the CD there is printed 3/99
>and reading comp.unix.solaris I have seen that a 5/99 version
>exist.
>Is there any known bug in the version I have?

There are lots of known bugs in the 3/99 version. (There is no
software out there that is widely used that has no known bugs.)
Most of them are not major, but for those that were, and were fixed in
the 5/99 release you can download patches to fix them in the 3/99
release as well.  (See sunsolve.sun.com if you have a support contract,
otherwise when you install Solaris 7 and see the "Register for Solaris
Solve" form, fill it out and download the Maintenance Update from
Solaris Solve, and then get the latest recommended & security patches
from sunsolve.sun.com)

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/