Sr. System Admin Opportunities-NJ

Post by Unix Sys Adm » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> CMI Consulting of Red Bank, NJ has the following 2 IMMEDIATE POSITIONS
> open  with our client in Central NJ.

 Oooooh! And do you care that you are bothering people all around the
world? Do you have any idea there are local groups and job related groups?

THIS IS A DAMN TECHNICAL GROUP!!!!!!

And yes dear U**X fellows, I AM SHOUTING AGAIN.
But I guess you can help me put in the right path this lost soul. That is
my self imposed task for today.

Quote:>  Senior System Administrator - responsible for administration of large,
> diverse  HP/UX, Solaris, Win95/WinNT site.
>  Requirements:
>  Degree in CS (preferrably MSCS or BSCS and equivalent experience)

BSC is also welcome, specially if you are a cow.

Quote:>  Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a Unix environment.

Linux in the garage wont be enough!

Quote:>  Excellent programming and communication skills required.

So two jobs in one: SysAdmin and programmer!

Quote:>  Knowledge of Perl, C, Korne shell, Bourne shell, Unix kernels, networking
>  (switches, routers, 10BT, 100TX,TCP/IP, ethernet), DAT and DLT backup
> systems,  and NIS are a must.

Hurry up! No Windoze invloved!

Quote:>  Position will require 24/7 beeper coverage about 1 week per month.

He,he! what "about" means?

>  Please contact:
>  Eve Ellsworth, Technical Recruiter

>  CMI
>  (800)450-1100 x107

   You have been warned: you are not welcome in this newsgroup unless you
come to this source of knolewgde to solve all your most intimate Solaris
nightmares. That does not include pissing off people all around the world,
ignorant.

Now, get lost.

Sr. System Admin Opportunities-NJ

Post by GreatBun » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi unix guru (not the guy who posted the job),

I am a newbie in this unix community.  I love unix to death....but I am just
wondering why you are all really pissed when someone posted a WANTED SYS.
ADMIN?  This is out of curiosity....I have nothing to do with the guy who
posted the job whatsoever....

HN

Post by John Kotche » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hi unix guru (not the guy who posted the job),

> I am a newbie in this unix community.  I love unix to death....but I am just
> wondering why you are all really pissed when someone posted a WANTED SYS.
> ADMIN?  This is out of curiosity....I have nothing to do with the guy who
> posted the job whatsoever....

> HN

This is a technical forum, not a jobs forum.  This newsgroups charter
explicitly states the fact....

That's the basics of it.

* A goofy Unix SA working for a large computer equipment   *
* manufacturer and  services provider.  Opinions expressed *

Sr. System Admin Opportunities-NJ

Post by Unix Sys Adm » Sat, 28 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi unix guru (not the guy who posted the job),

> I am a newbie in this unix community.  I love unix to death....but I am just
> wondering why you are all really pissed when someone posted a WANTED SYS.
> ADMIN?  This is out of curiosity....I have nothing to do with the guy who
> posted the job whatsoever....

> HN

   Because this is a technical group. There are groups and websites where
people can send their postings looking for UNIX gurus. This messages (and
to be talking about them :) ) adds to the noise in the group.