Writing NIS+ FAQ, want info.

Post by Charles Stephe » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am seriously thinking about writing a NIS+ FAQ.  I would like some
input on what you, the netizen NIS+ admin community, would like to see
in such a FAQ.  Also I would like to collect antedotes and information
other admins might have.

Hopefully, with knowledge, we can dispell myths about NIS+ and cut
comp.unix.solaris and comp.sys.sun.admin traffic by 10%! :)

Please send anything you might have to say about the subject to

Thank you.

cfs
--
/-------------------\  Charles "*-Buddha" Stephens
|-------------------|  Network Systems/Open Systems Group,

| Charles Stephens  |  Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
|                   |  "You shall soon achieve perfection."  -Fortune Cookie
\-------------------/     http://www.veryComputer.com/~cfs

1. Script writing FAQ/Tutorial wanted

        Has anybody seen or know of a script writing FAQ/tutorial
avaiable on ftp??  I need some help in breaking apart my start up scripts
in /etc/rc.d, and I would really like to learn how to write some useful
scripts for spawing processes, etc.

                                                Thanks
                                                Mike dunn

        Check me out at http://wwwpub.utdallas.edu/~dunn4614

2. Looking for a driver for VideoHighway VTR525

3. Info wanted to write filesystem:SunOS5

4. Mouse Problems in X

5. NIS+ large site info wanted

6. Kernel oops in rt_check_expire()

7. Info wanted:NIS issues

8. Problem with TERM 2.3.5

9. NIS+ replica server does not have NIS+ info

10. NIS Where I can find info (NIS not working)

11. NIS to NIS+ migration advice wanted

12. WANTED: INFO on kernel config info