file to modify the POSIX variable

Post by ramt.. » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi ,
  One of our unix boxes running solaris 2.6, i was modifying the
ownership of a file owned by me(basically giving away the ownership to
another person);but i am not allowed to that.

        With root permissions, the ownership of the file can be changed;so i
went thru' the man pages of chown and saw that this ownership assignment
is affected by a POSIX variable - "_POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED".

        Does anyone know from which file this variable can be modified ?

Thanks In Advance,
Ramanathan.M

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.