xlock starting by default?

Post by Lance Spitzne » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I need to protect my systems at the console.  I would like to implement
a password protected screensaver, even something as simple as xlock.
However, I need to set it up so it launches after 15 minutes of
inactivity from the console.  Any recommendations or suggestions?  (I
would prefer not to run a cron job every 15 minutes :)

Thanks,
Lance Spitzner

xlock starting by default?

Post by Darren Ban » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> I need to protect my systems at the console.  I would like to implement
> a password protected screensaver, even something as simple as xlock.
> However, I need to set it up so it launches after 15 minutes of
> inactivity from the console.  Any recommendations or suggestions?  (I
> would prefer not to run a cron job every 15 minutes :)

> Thanks,
> Lance Spitzner

There's a program called xautolock which does exactly what you want.
--
#include <stddisclaimer.h>

xlock starting by default?

Post by Elias Martenso » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> I need to protect my systems at the console.  I would like to implement
> a password protected screensaver, even something as simple as xlock.
> However, I need to set it up so it launches after 15 minutes of
> inactivity from the console.  Any recommendations or suggestions?  (I
> would prefer not to run a cron job every 15 minutes :)

Solaris 2.6 has this feture turned on by default.

--
Elias Martenson
elias.martenson (atsign) sweden.sun.com

1. Set XLock to lock screen after default time...

Maybe I'm way off the mark here with my Dos/Windows background, but isn't there
a way to set xlock to run at a certain idle time, and setup defaults
(lock/don't), which mode... I like to leave my computer/monitor on, and I don't
just want the blank screen.

Thanks ins advance, Chris

--
                  Angular momentum makes the world go round.

2. It's about money so let's be paranoid

3. Using xlock as the default screen saver.

4. cdrw

5. Using Xlock as default screensaver?

6. Subnetting problems.

7. xlock patch for RS/6000 (Was: Re: xlock compilation)

8. stop taskbar grouping certain tasks?

9. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???

10. How to make xlock start automaticlly?

11. Q: Starting KDE Windowmanager as default. (REDHAT 4.2)

12. X starting as default

13. How to start X with 100 dpi font as default