Changing IP address of NIS+ Root Master.

Changing IP address of NIS+ Root Master.

Post by Automou » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

..
        Is it possible to change the IP address of the NIS+ master server without
corrupting the NIS+ tables? If not, then is this because of DES encryption? So
if I disable DES encryption whould this no longer be a problem? Any and all
help is appreciated... Thank You!

                        Amr Hambazaza

1. How to change NIS+ root master IP address?

Since our ISP is changing their service provider we are getting
new ip addresses. I am running Solaris 2.6 and nis+ here. The nis+
has only one domain, the root domain, with a root master and (2)
replicas. According to the only faq I can locate:
http://wugate.wustl.edu/~rachelle/nis+faq2.html you have to basically
rebuild your nis+ master server to change its IP address.

Does anybody have any other suggestions as to a better way of doing this?

Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
PO Box 245
108 W 2nd
Assaria, KS USA 67416

Phone: 785-667-7763 x3440
  Fax: 785-667-2695

2. Scrolling in .plan

3. How to change IP address/hostname of NIS+ root master server?

4. Leafnode/slrn - can't see new messages until texpire is run

5. NIS+ Master - Change IP Address problems

6. NFS server not responding

7. How to change IP address on NIS+ master server?

8. Creating passwords for new users

9. changing IP address of NIS+ Master and Replica

10. Changing IP-adrress om NIS+ root master server

11. changing NIS+ root master root password

12. Changing IP address of NIS+ root server

13. Changing the root master's credential (NIS+)