Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP and dynamic IP

Post by Tomasz Fideck » Mon, 07 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi.
I have some troubles with configure Solaris 2.4 (x86)
PPP as client with dynamic ip assigning on remote server.
I know how to do it normally when i have my ip. But
my provider support only dynamic ip. How to adapt 2.4
for catching dynamic ip?

Any suggestions?
--
   _________
  |_   _|_ _| Tomasz Fidecki

    |_||_|    IRC Fido on #plock #polska

Post by unixwee.. » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

: Hi.
: I have some troubles with configure Solaris 2.4 (x86)
: PPP as client with dynamic ip assigning on remote server.
: I know how to do it normally when i have my ip. But
: my provider support only dynamic ip. How to adapt 2.4
: for catching dynamic ip?

to the best of my knowledge, solaris 2.4 does not support dynamic ip
addressing.

steve doliov

Post by Michael Foxworth » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hi.
> I have some troubles with configure Solaris 2.4 (x86)
> PPP as client with dynamic ip assigning on remote server.
> I know how to do it normally when i have my ip. But
> my provider support only dynamic ip. How to adapt 2.4
> for catching dynamic ip?

> Any suggestions?
> --
>    _________
>   |_   _|_ _| Tomasz Fidecki

>     | || |    http://green.pap.waw.pl/~fidecki
>     |_||_|    IRC Fido on #plock #polska

   Solaris doen't support Dynamic IP until 2.5

Sorry...

Mikeyman

Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP and dynamic IP

Post by Jongbum Pa » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello Unix World,

Does anyone know the policy used in Unix Solaris for the heap
storage management ?
That is, the policy used for the free area return and/or allocation
of some space.
As far as I know, first fit, best fit or binary buddy can be
used as the policy.
I am considering to develop my own free storage manager for
a kind of main memory database. So, the policy that is now being
used in some newest computer can help me.

As a reference for you, heap is used in allocating and deallocating
a space when we use malloc and free command in a C program.

Thank you.

Gainesville, Florida.
J.B. Park

--

1. PPP with dynamic IP under Solaris 2.4 x86?

I've got Solaris 2.4 x86. I'd like to use PPP. I can't get a static IP
address assigned to me. I've heard that 2.4's PPP doesn't support dynamic
IP addresses, and I can't upgrade to 2.5 unless it's *really* cheap to
upgrade. (ie: free, or almost free... :-)

So is there any other alternative? Are there any freeware PPP's out there
that work with Solaris 2.4 x86?

--

                   Computer Science, University of Waterloo
               http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~clgonsal/

2. Command line ftp?

3. x86 2.4 PPP -- dynamic IP address assignment ?

4. HOW TO CONNECT X-WINDOWS VIA MODEM

5. Sol.2.4 x86 ppp support dynamic IP-addressing?

6. Linux timeslice

7. HELP : Solaris 2.4 PPP, SecureID and dynamic IP address

8. libc6 on a libc5 system?

9. Needed PPP w/ dynamic IP assignment for Solaris 2.4

10. Solaris x86 2.5.1 and Dynamic IP PPP

11. Trumpet Winsock 2.0B PPP and Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP

12. 2.4 PPP to ISP w/ dynamic IP addresses

13. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86