Keyboard- and mouse-less SPARC?

Post by Ramon F Herre » Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:50:55

I have an Enterprise 450 which sometimes needs to be moved
around and have its keyboard and mouse unplugged.  When this
happens, the computer goes inmediately to the boot prompt.
I seem to recall that this behavior can be modified in the
"BIOS" (or whatever is called).

 - What is the command to modify the keyboard removal behavior

 - A more general question: where are all the "BIOS" commands
   (such as "probe-scsi-all") documented?

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera

Keyboard- and mouse-less SPARC?

Post by mack » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:31:26

run eeprom to see what it is set to or via OK prompt, but you can change it
so it ignores the break

Post by Philip Ch » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:57:39

>I have an Enterprise 450 which sometimes needs to be moved
>around and have its keyboard and mouse unplugged.  When this
>happens, the computer goes inmediately to the boot prompt.
>I seem to recall that this behavior can be modified in the
>"BIOS" (or whatever is called).

Open the swing out panel on the front upper right.  See the thingy
that looks like a keyhole?  Good.  Insert the key that came with
your E450 and turn it all the way clockwise to the locked position.
After doing this you can safely unplug the mouse and keyboard.

Philip (I think RTFM is a lost art these days)

---=====================================================================---
 Philip Chee:  Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA

 t 20456.94 t A KGB keyboard has no <ESC> key.

Keyboard- and mouse-less SPARC?

Post by Joe Blogg » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 04:14:39

Quote:>  - What is the command to modify the keyboard removal behavior

There is an option you can enable in /etc/default/kbd which disables Stop-A
on Solaris 2.6 upwards.

Quote:

http://www.explosive.net/eric/useful/obp/

Post by Yngve Nielse » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:22:48

> >  - What is the command to modify the keyboard removal behavior

> There is an option you can enable in /etc/default/kbd which disables Stop-A
> on Solaris 2.6 upwards.

> >  - A more general question: where are all the "BIOS" commands
> >    (such as "probe-scsi-all") documented?

> http://www.explosive.net/eric/useful/obp/

Just remember if you disables the Stop-A fucntion, you disables the
"break" function completely and will not be able to break the machine to
OBP, in case you have an Enterprise with keyswitch, turn the key to
protected mode, that could maybe help....

----

1. Mouse-less X?

Hello,

I'm in occasional need of very simple X stuff. I don't have
a mouse on my Linux machine and I'd rather not add one. Is
it possible to configure Xfree86 to use the arrow (or
function or any other) keys on my keyboard, and not a mouse?

I've scanned the FAQs, the how-tos, the books, and the
newsgroups, and have seen no mention of this.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks very much,

Michael Shiloh
* Michael Shiloh         Main Phone: 1-800-545-9463  *
* Wind River Systems, Inc.        FAX: 510-814-2010  *

2. comp.os.linux.announce archive?

3. Share one keyboard between a PC and a SPARCstation (preferably SPARC keyboard)

4. Beginner Solaris questions

5. Trident TGUI9680 Chipset

6. Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor Switch , keyboard drops out

7. Cobalt Qube2 and Office XP

8. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

9. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

10. Gpm recognizes 2nd mouse, now no keyboard nor mouse

11. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

12. PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???