where is fortune ?

Post by Michel Decim » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I don't have the well known fortune program on my
server running Solaris 2.6

Can someone tell me where I can find a distribution
source+datafiles easy to install (make && make install)

thank you and happy new year

--

"The code you never write has no bugs" - Steve Jobs

where is fortune ?

Post by Michel Decim » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can someone tell me where I can find a distribution
> source+datafiles easy to install (make && make install)

ftp://ftp.cc.umanitoba.ca/src/

Michel, you should read DejaNews before posting !

--

"The code you never write has no bugs" - Steve Jobs

1. fortune data file and fortune command

Does anyone know what (and why?) fortune changes in the
/usr/games/lib/fortune/fortune.dat file?  It changes only the first
"line" (I think it's in the first 128 bytes).  Is it writing a counter
so that I don't see the same fortune twice?

Thanks!
James Nau

College of Engineering
University of Nebraska--Lincoln
W181 Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, NE  68588-0501

2. Wrong group.!

3. fortune - how to make own fortunes ?

4. Very large font size crashing X Font Server and Grounding Serverto a Halt (was: remote DoS in Mozilla 1.0)

5. fortune-0.1 - simple, small, fast fortune program

6. Gateway2000 Keyboard locks up Terminal

8. -= SCO and Licenses =-

10. Am I touchy? Or am I right?