Blocking Just Remote User Logins

Post by Joe Durusa » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:58:52

> I'd like to take a specific user and restrict access in such a way
> that that user can't login, but other users can "su" to that user.

> In AIX, you can set user permissions in such a way as to deny only
> remote logins.  Can you do something similar in Solaris?

> TIA,
> Curt
> --
> Curt Fennell
> "Shouldn't you read the instructions?"   -Hobbes
> "Do I look like a *?"                -Calvin

Maybe set the user so it doesn't have a valid login shell?

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

1. Remote login blocking...

Hi
I have the same problem.
I added a line in /etc/security/access.conf as follows:
-:sanjeev:ALL EXCEPT console.
But even then i can connect to my machine as sanjeev from any other machine
through ssh.
I have linux redhat.
What could be the problem?

2. Dialer for Hayes Accura??

3. How to block login to a machine for certain users?

4. Direct kernel messages to /dev/tty1 only ! How to ?

5. how do I block user logins?

6. LT Win modem

7. Selectively blocking user logins?

8. y

9. Blocking user login and su only

10. To block user login by NIS

11. How to disable login for remote users?

12. Tcpd logging of user@host from remote login/telnet/ftps

13. Disable remote login for given user