Has anyone installed regular RAM in a SunPCi II 600MHz card?

Has anyone installed regular RAM in a SunPCi II 600MHz card?

Post by Santink, Richard [CAR:D580:EXCH » Thu, 03 Oct 2002 01:09:59

Do these require special DIMMs sold only from Sun, or can i purchase regular
DIMMS for it.

Thanks,

Richard

Has anyone installed regular RAM in a SunPCi II 600MHz card?

Post by Fredrik Lundho » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 05:35:36

Quote:>Do these require special DIMMs sold only from Sun, or can i purchase regular
>DIMMS for it.

It uses SO-DIMMS usually found in laptops. The ones I've tried PC133?? has
worked well.

/wfr
Fredrik

1. SunPCi II pro card / risky to install patch on Solaris 10?

I have a SunPCi II pro card fitted with a 733MHz Celeron processor. I'd
like to get it working in my Ultra 80 running Solaris 10, but gather
there is no support under Solaris 10.

This blog entry:
http://blog.ekholm.org/2005/02/04/solaris-10-sunpci-ii-tricks/
reports getting SunPCi 2 card, but IIRC this is a different card to the
  SunPCi II pro card.

The above entry mentions installing patch 113616-06, which is listed on
Sunsolve as:

java plug-in lo0 keyboard staroffice mouse sunray ipv6 num_lock source id

i.e. no mention of a Sun Ultra 80, and no mention of Solaris 10.

Has anyone here followed the instructions on that blog? I'm not over
keen on the idea of installing a patch for a different version of the OS
and which seems to be aimed at different machines, but this is an
unsupported product on that operating system, so perhaps I just have to
do it anyway.

Comments?

--
Dave K

2. Problems with QGuardedPtr

3. Adding RAM to SunPCi card

4. Veritas UFS filesystem not mountable Solaris 9

5. SunPCI II card has zeros for ethernet address

6. Setup PPP Server

7. SunPCI II - blue screen when installing XP

8. Some notes on building GNU software on Solaris 2.3 with gcc

9. Ultra 30, SUNPCI card (amd400mhz) Solaris 8 and SUNPCI 1.3

10. 128 RAM on FIC SD11 and Athlon 600MHz

11. Anyone running Pentium II with 1G ram?

12. Still having fun with SunPCi 2.3.....