Windows on Solaris?

Post by Rajesh Chaw » Thu, 01 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for information on what windows apps Solaris can run on
a x86 machine.  I realize I can boot the machine into Dos or NT
and run the apps that way, but I would like to be able to
run Windows and Solaris apps together on the same screen.

I also want to be able to access a CD-ROM and a modem from both
environments.

Regards,

1. Solaris, Windows NT, Window 95, Linux boot question

I have all four of these OSs installed on one of my computers. While they all
work fine, the boot process is a pain. I hoping someone can suggest a way to
fix it.

Right now I have to boot Linux from a floppy. If I don't use the floppy, the
Solaris boot manager comes up and gives me a choice of Solaris or the MS-DOS
partition. If I choose the MS-DOS partition, the NT boot manager comes up and
gives me a choice of NT or 95. I would much prefer to have a single menu that
list all four OSs, rather than having to go through several layers of menus.

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

2. FreeBSD vs Linux

3. Windows 3.1 (or 3.11), Solaris, Windows 95, and Wabi

4. Finding postgres

5. File Server for Windows clients (was: Window NT vs x86 solaris vs SCO?)

6. PPP up, but no go! Strange Problem!

7. Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6 X-Window apps...

8. COLA FAQ 5 of 7 06-Sep-2002

9. OpenStep for Solaris ( Re: Windows NT vs. Solaris )

10. Graduating from window by window display to whole Sparc5 window?

11. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

13. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!