Win2k and Solaris using ipsec

Post by Subhodini Fernand » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 03:20:03

Please let me know if anyone has managed to integrate Win2k with
Solaris 8 using IPSec.

  Thanks,
  Subho.

Post by Dan McDona » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:20:48

>Please let me know if anyone has managed to integrate Win2k with
>Solaris 8 using IPSec.

If you insist on Solaris 8, you'll have to find your own PF_KEY-compatible
IKE daemon.  Solaris 8 doesn't do IKE out of the box (Solaris 9, however,
does).

Win2k doesn't do manual keying... and AFAIK none of its successors do either.

Your best bet is to get Solaris 9.
--
Daniel L. McDonald  -  Solaris Networking & Security Engineering

1 Network Drive  Burlington, MA  |"rising falling at force ten
WWW: http://www.kebe.com/~danmcd | we twist the world and ride the wind" - Rush

1. IPSEC on Solaris 2.8 and Win2k

I have a need to communicate across my internal network using IPSEC
between a solaris 2.8 box and a Win2k box. I have not set up Win2k box
but the admin has setup the policy multiple times between win2k boxes.
I have found very little documentation regarding IPSEC from sun. But
what I have found allows me to create a ipsecinit.conf file and I have
loaded it.
The problem arrises when I want to update the SADB.
There does not seem to be a provision that will allow me to define a
pre-shared secret. It wants me to enter the actual encryptalg and
authalg in hexadecimal. Do I just take the pre-shared text secret on
the win2k and convert? Do I need to pad it with data? Any help would
be much appreciated.
Thanks

2. can't telnet to linux box

3. Dual Redhat/Win2k, using LILO, how to delete Win2k?

4. Dumb [l]unix quiestion - nameserver

5. Multiple Outgoing IPSEC SAs ( Sun Solaris 9, IKE/IPSEC)

6. Assistance connecting printer to 3B2

7. Solaris and IPsec, non IPsec aware boxes on network.

8. NTP.CONF for xntpd

9. Win2K IPsec vs. OpenBSD

10. Win2k (ipsec.exe) and freeswan

11. freebsd <-> win2k VPN IPsec

12. Win2k --> firewall --> ipsec /freeswan --> remote network

13. IPsec, esp using DES in Solaris 8