Jumpstart 2.5.1 Client from a 2.6 Jumpstart Server

1. Solaris 8 jumpstart server wont build a 2.6 client

Hi,

I've got a frustrating problem with a Solaris 8 jumpstart server, I'm trying
to jumpstart an Ultra 5 with Solaris 2.6 5/98 & Februrary 2000's OEI CD. The
install goes okay but on boot up it fails with the error

I've searched past articles and this problem was related to using an older
version of 2.6 which is not the case here.

Has anyone else had problems building 2.6 from a Solaris 8 jumpstart server?
Or can anyone point me in the right direction for an answer.

cheers
Alex

2. printer, nis+,solstice

3. Problem using linux as jumpstart server for solaris 2.6 clients

4. Eudora unable to send me Email ?

5. 2.6 Driver Updates onto JumpStart server?

6. Solaris (intel) JDBC drivers, ODBC database formats

7. Jumpstart 2.6 - Install server w/ FDDI

8. Help me!!

9. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

10. Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

11. How dows jumpstart client find route to install server

12. Jumpstart boot server - Clients don't boot.

13. Jumpstart Client does not seem to find boot server.