Hitting modem from script

Post by Micha » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Can someone provide, or recommend, a way to dial a pager from a shell
script?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Michael

Hitting modem from script

Post by James A. William » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

It depends on what facility will be used to dial the pager.  For example,
we have a LAN-based paging system where you can page someone from any
UNIX server.  Other folks have outdial modems* on a server that
would be used to do the paging.

> Can someone provide, or recommend, a way to dial a pager from a shell
> script?

> Any help is greatly appreciated!

> Michael

Hitting modem from script

Post by Micha » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

The requirements of the script are that the script can initiate a
pager in the event of a failure of our OpenView and Telamon Telalert
processes.  This should be a standalone solution.