Fwd: evolution packages on blastwave

Post by Oscar del Ri » Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:48:32

I hope Philip does not mind me forwarding his announcement
to the newsgroups...
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [solarisx86] evolution packages on blastwave
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:26:51 -0000
From: Philip Brown

I am very happy to announce, that blastwave now has "evolution" packages.
(or we will as soon as the mirror sites sync up)

Relatively untested as yet, but the package maintainer is very
conciencious, and I'm sure will fix any packaging/compiling bugs in
short order, when they are reported.

Post by Oscar del Ri » Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:22:52

> I am very happy to announce, that blastwave now has "evolution" packages.

http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/evolution

Any packages with *more* dependencies than evolution?  :-)

Great job!  I personally do not like the "Outlook" look (I prefer
Mozilla) but I'm sure many will enjoy Evolution.

Many thanks to Michael Gernoth and Blastwave.

Post by Bruno Saverio Delbon » Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:51:16

> Any packages with *more* dependencies than evolution?  :-)

God no!! I just installed evolution and everything else in the world on
our solaris 9 nfs server. In fact, I'm quite happy with the quality of
the release. I've been using Ximian's Evolution for Solaris (an older
release) on solaris 9/10 with a dirty uname -a hack (also known as
sloggi - http://www.roqe.org/sloggi/) to get around Ximian's installer
issue. This version offers better stability than anything else I've used.

Quote:> Great job!  I personally do not like the "Outlook" look (I prefer
> Mozilla) but I'm sure many will enjoy Evolution.

Aye! Kudos to blastwave team. Now if we can just get the pkg for
thunderbird :)

As a side note, I think there are a bit too many deps for evolution. I
know this was probably a hard choice but post solaris 08/03 (iirc) Gnome
2.0.4 is being shipped by sun. However on the same note, I install most
blastwave packages on our main server and nfs export /opt/csw to others.
Seems to work great!! Especially a Solaris 10 zone running the evolution!!

Amazing stuff really. Now only if I could get it to make me a nice
Starbucks-clone chai latte *grin*

--
Bruno Saverio Delbono
Systems Engineer