Problems using "ct" command.

Post by Nexo » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I can't get "ct" working properly. I am using Solaris 2.4 on a SunServer4.

It's supposed to "call a terminal". That is, call it using a modem in the
serial port and upon connection, prompt for login and password.

It does make the phone call and connects. It does even prompt for "login:" but
no matter what you do at the terminal, the Sun doesn't reply. After a few moments,
it prompts "Reconnect?" and, again, no matter what your answer is, it doesn't do
anything. After a while, ct times out and the connection is broken.

I have no problem if I use that modem line as a dial-in line. I get the "login:" and
"password:" prompts. Works just fine.

I'd appreciate any help on this since I really need it to get it working. Is anyone
using the "ct" command at all?

Thanks,

David - NEXO SCV