A good beginners Solaris book...

Post by Al Murp » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 17:00:09

Folks,

My boss has asked me to get a good Solaris book for our environment.
The pitch is beginner/newbie and it can be either cheap or expensive.
Suggestions welcome.

Al

A good beginners Solaris book...

Post by Dave Abne » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:58:06

You could come to my training class - http://www.dj.com/training
I am a Certified Solaris Administrator and Certified Solaris Network
Administrator . . .

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:48:40

> My boss has asked me to get a good Solaris book for our environment.
> The pitch is beginner/newbie and it can be either cheap or expensive.
> Suggestions welcome.

Solaris System Administation, by Janice Windsor, Sunsoft Press.

Post by Al Murp » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:45:41

> > My boss has asked me to get a good Solaris book for our environment.
> > The pitch is beginner/newbie and it can be either cheap or expensive.
> > Suggestions welcome.

> Solaris System Administation, by Janice Windsor, Sunsoft Press.

Thanks Mathew. Anything cheaper you would recommend? Can be for
intermediate Linux heads new to Solaris  - so they have some sort of
unix experience...

Post by Arth » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:48:36

>> > My boss has asked me to get a good Solaris book for our environment.
>> > The pitch is beginner/newbie and it can be either cheap or expensive.
>> > Suggestions welcome.

Solaris 7 Administrator Certification Training Guide by Bill Calkins (I
think there is one out for Solaris 8 also, but I could be wrong).

--
"They called for the ambulance, and one was sent
Somebody got lucky, but it was an accident"

A good beginners Solaris book...

Post by Al Murp » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:42:27

Quote:> Solaris 7 Administrator Certification Training Guide by Bill Calkins (I
> think there is one out for Solaris 8 also, but I could be wrong).

Thanx.

A good beginners Solaris book...

Post by Philip Bro » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 06:36:22

Quote:>Folks,

>My boss has asked me to get a good Solaris book for our environment.
>The pitch is beginner/newbie and it can be either cheap or expensive.
>Suggestions welcome.

real cheap: http://docs.sun.com

If you want something on-site, you can buy a cdrom of the entire thing, and
keep it locally.
Or, you can download specific "books" from there, in PDF format.

The word of the day is mispergitude