Writing data from Kernel to a data file in user space

Writing data from Kernel to a data file in user space

Post by Hadee Akhan » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

HI...

Could you please help me with this. I wrote a driver to screen IP
packets. Now I need to collect some data and put them in a file so that
I can do the analysis on them later.

I've tried with a simple file writing technique, my driver can't open
it. I'm using Solaris 2.6 but later I'll move my application to Solaris
2.8 for IPv6.

Thanks for noticing my problem.

Hadee

1. Writing data from Kernel to a data file in user space

HI...

Could you please help me with this. I wrote a driver to screen IP
packets. Now I need to collect some data and put them in a file so that
I can do the analysis on them later.

I've tried with a simple file writing technique, my driver can't open
it. I'm using Solaris 2.6 but later I'll move my application to Solaris
2.8 for IPv6.

Thanks for noticing my problem.

Hadee

2. IPTABLES problems with some sites

3. du(1) returns funny sizes

4. Writing Data from Kernel Space to User Space.

5. via ide udma & ibm hd freezes kernel

6. exchange data from user space to kernel space

7. 3COM PalmIIIx

8. Kernel data to user space files

9. user data to user data device driver

10. reading kernel data in user space

11. Data passing from kernel module to user space?

12. Help - how to exchage data between a kernel module and a user space lib?