Printer Server - Solaris 2.4 - Help

Post by Don Poo » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to configurate the PRINTER SERVER (SS1+) to serve clients
(SS+1) to direct their printing data to HP4siMx machine via
(Ethernet) TCP/IP. How do I do that?

How do I setup at PC/MAC/eXceed PC to connect to this said PRINTER SERVER
via TCP/IP?

Thanks!
Don Poole

Printer Server - Solaris 2.4 - Help

Post by Don Poo » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am to configurate the PRINTER SERVER (SS1+/Solaris2.4) to serve clients
(SS1+/Solaris2.4) for directing their printing data (Postscript/text) to
HP4siMx printer via TCP/IP.  How do I do that?

How do I setup at PC/MAC/eXceed PC to connect to the PRINTER SERVER via
TCP/IP?

I do not see my first article being posted in this group today..this is my
second repeat article.

Thanks in advance!
Don Poole

Printer Server - Solaris 2.4 - Help

Post by Don Poo » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am to configurate the PRINTER SERVER (SS1+/Solaris2.4) to serve clients
(SS1+/Solaris2.4) for directing their printing data (Postscript/text) to
HP4siMx printer via TCP/IP.  How do I do that?

How do I setup at PC/MAC/eXceed PC to connect to the PRINTER SERVER via
TCP/IP?

I do not see my first article being posted in this group today..this is my
second repeat article.

Thanks in advance!
Don Poole

1. Printer Server - Solaris 2.4

I posted the article at the beginning of the year 1996 on what package
shall i use to setup printer server under Solaris 2.4 (sparc) to support
unix, pc and mac under TCP/IP or NFS.

The suggestion is to have Patrick Powell's or/and Justin Mason's LPRng
software which is an enhanced printer spooler system.

I encountered a problem at installation process. It indicated that the
very important programs, SETREUID, SETEUID and SETRESUID are missing in
my SS1+.  Are those programs part of Solaris? I was not able to vertify
on the Solaris installation CD-ROM.

Does anyone know where I can locate archives on this LPRng or PLP
subjects?

Are there any suggestion on what package shall it be for printer server
under Solaris 2.4?

Thanks in advance!

Don Poole
NISE East, North Charleston, South Carolina
803.743.8856

2. NCD Network Audio Server on AIX

3. Please help with serial printer (QMS) at Sun IPX (Solaris 2.4) !

4. X window problem

5. !!! HELP !!! Solaris 2.4 Dial-In PPP Server !!!

6. Help: Maint. update and Unknown Activation State notice

7. Pls help: setting up font server on Solaris 2.4

8. Parrot-0.2.6 released

9. Help needed to connet Linux X-server on Solaris 2.4 X-host

10. Mosaic server (cern) server on solaris x86 2.4?

11. How do I print from Solaris 2.4 to a printer attached to Windows 95

12. Problem of Solaris 2.4 printing with Line Printer Daemon

13. Parallel printer problem on Solaris 2.4 x86