OS for a SPARC Voyager portable

Post by Timothy J. L » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How well supported is the SPARC Voyager portable in

Solaris 2.5.1
Solaris 2.6
S/Linux
OpenBSD
NetBSD

What I have read is that it is a sun4m computer, but is not supported
by any Solaris / SunOS earlier than 2.3 / 5.3, and not by any Solaris 1 /
SunOS 4.  Not that those are particularly desirable OSes these days
anyway...

OS for a SPARC Voyager portable

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>What I have read is that it is a sun4m computer, but is not supported
>by any Solaris / SunOS earlier than 2.3 / 5.3, and not by any Solaris 1 /
>SunOS 4.  Not that those are particularly desirable OSes these days
>anyway...

It's well supported in recent Solaris releases.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. X11 netbsd/sparc on SparcStation Voyager

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of running NetBSD on Sun Voyager?

I'm new to NetBSD (although have some experience of OpenBSD), and I'm
finding it quite different to what I'm used to.

I decided on NetBSD because it's pretty much the only up-to-date OS that
will run on the Sun Voyager.

I managed to get it installed (which is more than I can say for any of
the Linux distros I tried), but I'm now stuck trying to get X running.

Whenever I move the mouse, I get the following messages on screen (and
the mouse pointer doesn't move). This happens whether you're in X or
just in a normal csh shell.

The messages I get on screen are like this:

Oct 14 11:44:10 voyager /netbsd: ms0: input error (0xc47)

If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis

2. ** Linux mail server and Solaris Client - help? **

3. Sparc voyager suspend-resume problem with Solaris 2.5.1

4. combo DVD/CDWRITER/CDROM configuration

5. Installing RedHat 4.2 on a SPARC Voyager

6. Strange behavior of TAMU/X11/shared libraries?

7. Q: SPARC Voyager

8. Cobalt Qube or Whistle-type project

9. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

10. Draft of RFD: comp.os.linux.portable

11. Portable Hard Drive for UNIX OS

12. RFD: comp.os.linux.portable

13. Repost: RFD: comp.os.linux.portable